The refrigerator is one of the most important appliances in your home. It is the center of the kitchen and keeps drinks and perishable food items cold and fresh. A good refrigerator lasts on average for around 10 years, but it can also experience its fair share of problems. Refrigerator leaks are quite common as they can be caused by a blockage in the defrost drain or water supply line and the leaking water can cause significant damage to the surrounding area. Damage caused by a leaking refrigerator should be addressed by a water damage professional.
ServiceMaster by T.A. Russell provides leaking refrigerator water damage cleaning in L.A. County, CA to clean and repair the damage caused by refrigerator leaks. We will remove the water that has leaked from the refrigerator and restore the damage to the surrounding flooring and walls. Make sure you call us right away if you notice a major leak from your refrigerator.
A leak from a refrigerator can be significant and cause water to pool on your kitchen floor. This water can then get absorbed by the surrounding flooring and walls which will allows it to spread and result in serious damage. The areas affected by the leak are also vulnerable to mold growth.
The following are the two most common causes of refrigerator leaks:
- Blocked defrost drain: The defrost drain hose can become clogged by food particles and other debris. This causes ice to build up which leads to leaking from the refrigerator and freezer. You can remove the clog and stop the leak by flushing the drain hose or using an object like a straightened coat hanger to loosen the clog. If the drain hose valve is clogged with debris, you should remove and clean it.
- Clogged or frozen water supply line: Refrigerators with water dispensers and ice makers can experience a leak in the supply line if it becomes clogged or frozen. If this happens, you need to shut off the water supply and turn off the fridge. Look for signs of damage or clogs in the supply line. A damaged hose can be replaced to fix the issue, but you many need the help of a professional to remove a clog in the line.
Water Damage Restoration for Refrigerator Leaks
A leaking refrigerator can leak a lot of water, especially if you don’t immediately notice the leak. You need to call a professional for water damage restoration if the water has spread and caused damage to the surrounding walls and flooring. The longer you wait to take action, the more the water will spread and increase the risk of significant damage and mold growth.
At ServiceMaster by T.A. Russell, we provide water damage restoration and can restore the damage caused by a leak in your refrigerator. We will remove the water and dry the affected materials and we can also remove mold if needed.
You can expect the following from our water damage restoration professionals:
- Stop the spread of the leak
- Remove the water and dry affected materials
- Restore the damaged areas
- Remove mold if necessary
Call ServiceMaster by T.A. Russell
If you notice a leak from your refrigerator, soak up the water and call our professionals right away. We can effectively remove the water and restore damage caused to the surrounding flooring and walls. You can call ServiceMaster by T.A. Russell 24 hours a day at (626) 963-4048 for leaking refrigerator water damage restoration in L.A. County, CA.
ServiceMaster by T.A. Russell serves homes and businesses in Azusa, Alhambra, Pasadena, Glendale, Burbank, Arcadia, Diamond Bar, Claremont, and the surrounding areas of Los Angeles County, CA.